Image Map

12.10.2011

I'm Too Tired to Think of a Title

So it's 1:30 AM, but I realized that if I don't blog as things happen or thoughts come, I push it off for later and then ultimately forget or it's not as well-thought-out.

This last week has been incredible. The first 2 months here I was homesick as I could get, preparing to apply to other schools near home. Then I began making friends and beginning to enjoy learning, and it got better. My core group of friends is incredible! There's about 15 or so of us all together, and it's pretty comical trying to fit everyone around a 8 person table. But we do it. Every day.

Towards the start of school, I asked God why He was putting me into this place where I was 5 hours from everyone I loved, knew not a soul, and was forced to spend hours upon hours reading history and literature. I thought that maybe His plan wasn't a 4 year run at Milligan after all.

But, friends, His ways are perfect. And now as legitimate friendships are beginning to grow, as I begin to spend hours upon hours with my fellow students, in conversation about everything imaginable, I am content. This semester which seemed to be inching by slowly is 5 days from being finished, and it kind of makes me sad.

So, here's to spending every moment imaginable learning, listening, and experiencing. And here's to making my mark on the Milligan College community in the name of Jesus Christ.

1 comment:

  1. I applied to UofL my first semester! I know how you feel but it gets better! Glad you are having fun, but I can't wait to have you home for a craft/sister night! :)

    ReplyDelete