Image Map

12.04.2011

Joy

Joy is probably my favorite fruit of the Spirit. And, boy, does He bring it! Joy. Not always happiness, which is a fleeting feeling, but joy... never-ending joy from the Lord.

But I sometimes have this little feeling that some people think it's fake. Or that I use it to suck up to people.

But that's not it. Not it at all. (Granted, I am often a suck-up, but do I use a gift from the Holy Spirit to persuade people to like me? No. That's just wrong.)

Often I look around at so many people who are proclaiming Christ's love and grace on them, but as they live day to day, they spend their time with grim looks on their faces and holding grudges over the simplest things.

The Maker of the universe loves me. The Maker of my heart and body loves me. The Redeemer of my soul loves me. Regardless of anything else: family status, relationship status, social status, popularity status, the fact that my Jesus loves me should fill me with joy at all times. There are some times when I'm hurting and it's not as evident, but I'd like to think people consider me a joyful person.

So, choose to let the fruit of the Spirit planted in you to shine. Cuz more often than not, Christians in America are too afraid to speak with their words... so if your life isn't speaking Christ, then there's really no hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment