Image Map

8.05.2009

DR - Day 2

July 23rd, 2009
I really don't know why I'm here yet. Will I make any sort of difference on this team? In my life? In this beautiful country?
--------------------------------------------
I have narrowed my occupation desires. I will NOT be a hole digger. We just spent about 6 hours digging the foundation for a church, "Cuerpo de Christo". Let's just say I probably won't be able to move tomorrow when we head off to the construction site again...
I'm still not sure why I'm here. All I really want to do is A) Go somewhere air-conditioned B) Sit down and have a full-out conversation in Spanish or C) Go home and see family/Juli and Bobby off to Cuba. It's weird how much I miss home. I just wish I had some sort of communication with them.
As for now, I am cleanly sweaty, waiting for dinner, and anticipating our trip to the grocery store... ♥
--------------------------------------------
I find it rather funny I put a heart at the end of the last entry... the grocery was a total blast. I bought some stuff for Dad, Juli, Alex, and Bobby. While Shelbs and I were going down the cart-escalator (SO cool!), these 2 guys started talking to us in Spanish, then English. Umm... HOTT!
We got to the bottom, and one of them asked me to stroll with him through the store. I awkwardly declined, but he insisted on following me and Shelbi along with his friend b/c they were "walking in the same direction". We soon lost them in our laughing haste. ☺
Later, we all headed up to the food court where Shelbi and I split an ice cream for 100 pesos (35 pesos=1 dollar). Then we proceeded to check out (this one guy told me, Stephanie, and Angela we had "bonito ojos". Sigh. I could get used to this country!
When we got home we were all dog tired. When pushing down the DEET wipes Angela had used I got my finger stuck. Probably of of the worst pains I've ever experienced! It turned white then purple as Beth tried bending the prongs back to free the finger. Tab went to get scissors, but when she finally arrived with them, I had already started bending the 3rd prong. I was finally free. Good night...

No comments:

Post a Comment