Image Map

8.05.2009

DR - Day 5

July 26, 2009
We got to sleep in until 8:30 today!
--------------------------------------------
This morning we went to a Spanish church. When we arrived, it was hot, and they sang like 5 Spanish songs. It would have been fine if not so hot! Then we unknowingly were called to the stage to sing "From the Inside Out". Midway through, we started a Spanish/English harmony and it was so so awesome and breath-taking. Then we sat down and listened to a 45 minute sermon on addictions. Good sermon, but nothing I hadn't heard before, and it was pretty dull. One line : "That was the day I hit my bottom."
--------------------------------------------
Lunch. FLAG FOOTBALL. I wasn't planning on playing b/c of heat, lack of inhaler, and exhaustion, but with quick spurts and a breeze, I played the whole time. Of course, I give Bailey a concussion when her head hit mine as she grabbed for my flag. She's now at the Dominican hospital... Pray!
--------------------------------------------
Bailey's OK. YAY!
OK so we just had the best part of the trip. We went to church down in the hole. The kids were attached immediately, and as you can see, on drew on the next page (of my journal. not shown here) ☺. I love the kids and their joy. The cute little boys mimicking the drums stole my heart. WOW God ROCKS!
We came home, ate an OK dinner, and spent 2 hours telling stories, worshipping, and thanking God. He's incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment