Image Map

8.05.2009

DR - Day 4

July 25, 2009
This morning has been incredible. First, we went and toured the school. It had 477 students last year. We saw where the laptops we brought down would go. They explained the schedule, history, plans, and financial aspects. It was extremely interesting (and TOASTY).
We're now leaving the "hole" where we toured and did VBS. This place was utterly disgusting. Pigs were in the river, trash 30 feet or more high, shacks for houses, adorable kids I fell in love with.
We began VBS with songs (Jesus Loves the Little Children, The B-I-B-L-I-A, Happy Day, and C-R-I-S-T-O). Then, with the assistance of a translator, read the prodigal son and from 1 John. After that was crafts, and we made foamy decorative memory verses. The kids were so happy, and I was sad to leave.
--------------------------------------------
We ate lunch, then headed to a little church somewhere. While waiting for kids to get there, a guy told us how Dominicans and Haitians don't get along, but inside that church they do! I thought it was neat...
Anyways, we began VBS again, and it went better than try #1. Drive home. Shower. Head to Felix's house.
At Felix's house we had the best time yet! We ate yummy pork, held a cat, and Shelbi, Mrs. Draper, and I had a hootin' good laugh.
...
After a few hours there, we came back for an awesome worship session. We shared "changing" stories, funny stories, and others. I came downstairs and talked with Shelbi. She gave me awesome advice for things of life :)
I love my best friend.
I still don't know why I'm here.
--------------------------------------------
Ooh I forgot to tell something funny! Today at the feeding center there was this boy just mad at the world. He wouldn't eat his food, and I wanted to find out why. The girls around him were trying to explain it to me through hand motions. So. I squished his banana. That's not what he wanted. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment